By: Sahar Bagheri
Our health is one of the most valuable possessions that we have, and it is within our power to take care of it. Poor eating habits cause many health problems, and the regular consumption of fast foods, junk foods, processed foods, and artificial sweeteners increase our risk of many chronic diseases such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease. One of the best methods to prevent or reduce the risk of many health related illnesses is by following a healthy diet, and eliminating all foods that are detrimental to our health. By developing a healthy eating habit from an early age, you can build the foundation for eating healthily for a lifetime and obtain health benefits from all the nutritious foods there are to offer. However, if your defense for not eating healthy is due to lack of time, then preparation might be necessary. Following a healthy regime can be challenging when you are trapped in a busy schedule, but by creating quick healthy meal preparations that are easy to make and follow, you can ensure you are eating healthily, and avoid purchasing foods from outside. For this reason, I have created a delicious, yet nutritious chicken-quinoa salad recipe that is perfect for virtually in occasion and is great for those days you are in a rush and don’t want to spend hours cooking in the kitchen. All you really need is a few simple ingredients, and you are set to go. Prep: 10 Min
Cook: 25 Min
Serves: 4 People
• 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
• 2 tbsp. black pepper
• 1 tbsp. turmeric
• 2 large lemons, freshly squeezed
• 3 red onions, thinly sliced
• 8 cloves of garlic, minced
• 2 avocados, chopped
• 1 cup cucumber, cut into small cubes
• 1 tomato, chopped
• A pinch of saffron
• 4 eggs
• 1 tbsp. coconut oil
• 4 cups of quinoa
• 4 cups water
• ¼ cup of dried berberis
1. In a large sauté pan, evenly distribute chicken pieces and coat them with black pepper, turmeric and a pinch of saffron. Next to your mix, add the thinly sliced onion, minced garlic, and chopped tomato pieces. Finish it off by coating the chickens with freshly squeezed lemon juice. Place the lid of the sauté pan and allow cooking on medium-high for 30 minutes or until water is fully absorbed.
2. Meanwhile, cook the quinoa in water on medium-high until the water is absorbed
3. In a salad bowl, place your quinoa in the center of the bowl, and using a spatula, pat it down until you form a circular base.
4. In a medium sized pan, melt 1 tbsp. of coconut oil on medium heat. When warm,
place 4 large eggs and allow cooking (do not stir).
5. While the eggs cook, neatly place the chicken on one side of the quinoa.
6. When your eggs are fully cooked, gently place them next to the chicken pieces and decorate the dish with your remaining ingredients: place a few avocado and cucumber chops on the quinoa and complete the dish by sprinkling a pinch of dried berberis.
7. Serve Note: Regularly stir the chicken and quinoa to prevent burning or food sticking to the pan. Nutrition and Health
By: Sahar Bagheri
For more healthy weakly recipes, follow foodeliciious